Already have some .pdfs and want to get them into your EndNote Library without typing ? The File >Import feature will save time.
If you have saved .pdf documents on your computer or device, EndNote can detect the Digital Object identifier (DOI) from a .pdf document and find citation details to create an EndNote reference. You can either do this one file at a time, or in bulk, using the File>> Import feature.
A copy of the .pdf document will also be attached to the reference. There is an option via preferences to have EndNote import automatically from a preferred folder.
To create a reference in your EndNote Library from a .pdf
1. Open your EndNote Library
2. From the File menu, select Import from the dropdown list, and select File (for a single .pdf) or Folder (for a collection of .pdfs).
An Import Folder window appears
3. Browse to the PDF and Choose
4. Be sure to select "PDF" as the Import Option
5. Reference now appears in the EndNote Library, with PDF attached
[Please note: this feature works if the PDF contains a DOI]
Browse to where you have saved the pdf (or entire folder of pdfs if you prefer) and choose, then press Import