EndNote is a reference management application that collects the details of materials you wish to cite and automatically formats them according to your selected style - for Law students at UTAS that style is AGLC4.
EndNote can automatically:
- keep track of sources you cite, and convert citations to 'ibid' and 'above n' as you go
- compile a bibliography of all the sources cited in your document
- find citation details for journal articles
It can also be used to collect the PDFs of your sources, sort your references into groups or topics, and find the full text for a reference.
A variety of users could find EndNote useful:
- Researchers including Postgraduates needing to manage a large number of references for a literature review or thesis,
- Researchers writing journal articles needing to submit a manuscript conforming to specific journal or publisher style, or
- Students managing references for a major assignment.
The 4th edition of AGLC was released in 2018, if you require AGLC3, please contact the Research Librarians: Research.Librarians@utas.edu.au.