****EndNote for iPads app now available
This is not part of the UTAS subscription so it must be bought by individuals
More information: http://endnote.com/ipad
If you use a PC or MAC desktop version and wish to integrate with the iPad version, you need an EndNote Web account for the EndNote Sync technology to work even if you do not normally use EndNote Web. See tab on this guide EndNoteWeb.
Welcome to the UTAS Library EndNote Guide
What is EndNote?
EndNote is software used to manage your references and format your bibliography.
Using EndNote you can:
- create a database (library) of references
- search and download references from electronic databases and library catalogues
- generate citations and bibliographies in specific styles
- attach and edit pdfs
- import references from pdfs or a folder of pdfs
- EndNote X7 introductory guide for PC users [updated February 2015]
- EndNote X7 introductory guide for MAC users [updated April 2015]
- EndNote X5 introductory guide for PC users [updated February 2014]
- EndNote X5 introductory guide for MAC users [updated February 2014]
- Compressing and transferring EndNote libraries (emailing libraries)
What's New in EndNote X7
(key features, taken from Chapter 1 of EndNote X7 online manual)
Maintain and synchronise the references in your desktop library with the references in your web library even across multiple computers
Set your preferences in EndNote to rename PDFs for easier identification while importing
Add citations and reference lists to your Microsoft PowerPoint slides
Add subheadings to your bibliography in Microsoft Word using your own categories or predefined by reference type in an output style--great for distinguishing primary and secondary sources
New reference types such as Interview, Podcast
Easier reordering column headings and changing columns to display
Continuous automatic backup and synhronised with online versions of EndNote
Ratings and read/unread field display
Copy the record number to another field in a reference using the Copy feature from the Change \Move\ Copy Fields command.
Review program updates automatically