Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The following elements are optional. They may be included if they are of significance to your use of the source or if they might assist your reader in locating the source. The following list is not exhaustive and you should use your judgement as to what might be helpful.
- City of publication, especially if:
- work was published before 1900
- different versions were released in different cities
- unfamiliar publisher
- Series title (and number in a series, if applicable)
- Unexpected type of work, e.g. a transcript, a lecture heard in person
- Date of access - especially for sources with no date of publication
If you cannot find an example for what you are looking for then use the MLA Handbook [8th edition]