You can describe & deposit your metadata in VIVO, the University's Research Discovery Portal using the form below at anytime during the research data lifecycle, to comply with point 3.4.3. UTAS Management of Research Data Procedure
The Getting Metadata Wise guide will assist you to create highly discoverable metadata for the datasets you deposit in either VIVO or the Research Data Management Portal (RDMP) portal.
Note: Until RDMP and VIVO are interoperable metadata descriptions need to be deposited in both systems.
'The metadata accompanying your data should be written for a user 20 years into the future ... Prepare the metadata for a user who is unfamiliar with your project, methods, or observations.'
1. Title of dataset or data collection - unique ie. not the same as grant title
2. Description of dataset or data collection
3. Data creators
4. Coverage dates
5. Grant Title (or Grant Number) & funding Body (if applicable)
6. FOR codes
7. Storage and file information
8. IP ownership & access statement
9. Access Identifier: URL web address to access open dataset (required for DOI minting) or contact details for access (if mediated)
10. Keywords for discovery (free text & controlled vocabularies)